I’ve become quite a prolific user of Twitter. Mini-blogging seems to suit me and my websites.
I just came across this excellent blog post from Guy Kawasaki.
He has 10 tips for getting more followers on Twitter:
- Follow the “smores” (social media whores>
- Send @ messages to the smores
- Create an effective avatar
- Follow everyone who follows you
- Always be linking
- Establish yourself as a subject expert
- Incorporate pictures and other media
- Use the right tools
- Repeat your tweets
- Ask people to follow
The list of tools is particularly useful. SocialToo provides a good way to automate follower requests.
My Twitter page is at twitter.com/mfarnsworth. Follow me and then send me a direct message.